The French School in Belgrade (EFB) is an education institution governed by students’ parents and associated with the AEFE network (The Agency for French Education Abroad) by a convention.
The Parents’ Association of the French School in Belgrade oversees financial management of EFB. All EFB students’ parents are members of the Parents’ Association and each member has the number of votes equal to the number of their enrolled children.
The Board of Management is the executive body of the Parents’ Association of the French School in Belgrade and it is composed of 9 elected members and 7 ex officio members.
- 8 volunteers with the right to vote, elected among students’ parents at the annual meeting of the General Assembly, and partially changed every year.
- 1 representative of the school staff with the right to vote, elected among the school employees.
Ex officio members:
- 5 ex officio members with the advisory vote: the Head of institution, the Head of Primary, Director of Finance and Administration, Consul General of France, Cultural Affairs Counsellor of the French Embassy in Serbia.
- 2 ex officio members with the right to vote, including one parent, appointed for the two-year period by the French Ambassador to Serbia.
The Board of Management meets at least once a month to discuss and decide on the issues of financial, strategic and resource management of the French School in Belgrade (EFB), in cooperation with the Head of Institution.
Working groups of the Board of Management oversee the work at the French School in Belgrade (EFB) in the close cooperation with the School management team (The Head of institution, the Head of Primary, the Director of Finance and Administration)
The Board of Management is responsible for financial affairs of the institution and it organises at least two annual meetings of the General Assembly during the school year. In these meetings, the following issues are put to the vote:
- The amount of school fees;
- The approval of accounts for the previous school year;
- The budget for the following school year;
- Any major or strategic decision regarding the future of the school.
Apart from the budget, the Board of Management also deals with all other relevant non-educational issues regarding the way the French School in Belgrade (EFB) works:
- Professionalization of the French School in Belgrade (EFB);
- Human resources;
- School services (canteen, school bus, extracurricular activities, etc.).
- Developing a long-term strategy for the French School in Belgrade (EFB):
- Approving financial means to the School Management of the French School in Belgrade (EFB) aimed at enhancing learning conditions and teaching resources.
- Taking care of the parents’ general interest in the spirit of mutual respect.
More information about the work of the Parents’ Association of the French School in Belgrade and the Board of Management can be found in the statute of the Parents’ Association of the French School in Belgrade
Contact us by email: email@example.com
The Statutes of the Parents’ Associations here.