The National Diploma – Baccalaureate: what you need to know
Taking exams at the French School in Belgrade (EFB) is supervised by the Lyons Rectorate.
Baccalaureate preliminary exams
At the end of the school year, students of 1ère take Baccalaureate preliminary exams in the following subjects:
- French (one written and one oral exam) for literary/economic and social/scientific sections (L, ES and S);
- Science (a written exam) for literary/economic and social sections (L and ES);
- Seminar papers on a given topic (TPE) for literary/economic and social/scientific sections (L, ES and S) – the oral part of the exam is taken at the French School of Belgrade (EFB).
The French School in Belgrade (EFB) organises exams in the national exam Baccalaureate and the acquisition of an official diploma issued by the French Ministry for the National Education, which is acknowledged and enables access to the higher education institutions in France and Europe as well as the universities of Switzerland.
- From the 2017-2018 school year, there is an option of an additional section “Baccalaureate – European Section”.
Baccalaureate is the French national exam taken at the end of the secondary education and it is a prerequisite for the enrolment at the university. It consists of several exams from different subjects depending on the educational section chosen by the student. Written exams take place in June within the period of one week. Each exam has a certain coefficient which is used to calculate the student’s final grade.
Our students took their Baccalaureate exam for the first time in Belgrade in June 2017.
According to the French educational system, grades range from 1 to 20 (see in further text) and a student must achieve a minimum average grade of 10 in order to pass the exam. If the student has received an average grade between 8 and 10 during the first group of exams, the student takes exams during the second group of exams (in other words, the student resits exams).
Students get the following descriptive grades according to their average grades:
- “Satisfactory” – for an average grade from 12 until 13.99;
- “Good” – for an average grade from 14 until 15.99;
- “Very good” – for an average grade from 16 and more.
Since June 2016, our secondary school graduates and their parents and teachers have been welcomed at the French Embassy for the diploma awards ceremony.
The EFB Terminales students of the 2019-2020 class attend either of the two streams :
– the ES = economics and social sciences stream
– the S = sciences stream
In order to prepare its candidates to the 2019-2020 Baccalaureate, the EFB is organising a mock exam from 10 to 14 February 2020.
Changes to the French high school graduation exams
The students currently in 1ère will be the first class to take the new Baccalaureate exams following the reform implemented in high school.acquainted with the reform.
Tools and resources of the French Ministry of Education
The 2018-2019 Secondes website : : http://www.secondes-premieres2019-2020.fr/
The 2021 Horizons app : http://www.horizons21.fr/
Advice on the choice of majors
Continuous assessment system in 1ère
A slideshow about the new system of continuous assessment tests is available at Diaporama « Le contrôle continu » (Continuous assessment slideshow)
The section www.reussirsoncontrolecontinu.fr (how to succeed in the continuous assessment tests) on the QuandJePasseLeBac (I take my graduation tests) website gives students advice and tips to get prepared for the continuous assessment tests.
Information for the students currently in 3ème and their families
The Fascicule d’information aux familles « Le lycée change » (High school is a’changing) brochure introduces changes in vocational high schools as well as in general and technical high schools.
The selection of majors available in 1ère at the French School in Belgrade in 2019-2020 was agreed upon by the School Council on 03 June 2019
Majors on offer at EFB in 2019-2020
- Humanities, literature and philosophy : HLP
- Foreign languages, literature and cultures : LLCE
- History, geography, geopolitics and political sciences : HGGSP
- Social and economic sciences : SES
- Physics and chemistry : SPC
- Earth and life sciences : SVT
This allows EFB students to choose among a selection of 12 courses
- Mathematics, HGGSP, SVT
- Mathematics, HGGSP, LLCE
- Mathematics, HGGSP, SES
- Mathematics, SPC, SVT
- Mathematics, SPC, LLCE
- Mathematics, SPC, SES
- HLP, HGGSP, SVT
- HLP, HGGSP, LLCE
- HLP, HGGSP, SES
- HLP, SPC, SVT
- HLP, SPC, LLCE
- HLP, SPC, SE